Spring & Renewal

Options
legaljen1969
legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754

Spring is here. A time of growth, hope, renewal and promise. Anyone around? I would love to hear from some of you as to what promising things are happening in your journey. Progress made? Remission? Just starting out on this journey but you now have answers and are ready to move forward?

Comments

• LowcountryJen1969
    LowcountryJen1969 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I really wish someone would speak up and post. I see that I get views, but never comments. This site used to be such a great place to gather.

Oddly enough, my beginnings with WhatNext were in April 2020- when the entire world was basically shut down with COVID and we really all had to lean on each other. Online communities were vital to support and connection.

Perhaps the world being "back to normal" is the reason that this site doesn't seem to be taking off again.

I just want people to know that I AM here to read, listen, absorb your laughter, your tears, your screams, your… whatever.

I will have another appointment with my surgeon who is the "Team leader" for my care team in May. For the first time in these four years I MIGHT actually bring up the prospect of reconstruction. I know it's late in the game now. I guess I am just scared of having another surgery. Maybe I am scared of "jinxing" myself if I get a reconstruction- fear that my end of the year mammogram or other tests might show "something." I know in my heart I am so close to the finish line- to being able to say I am "clear." Yet, that first time of having the C word come into our lives is unforgettable. It's a word you can never "unhear."

I will say again that early detection for breast cancer, or any cancer, is so important. If there is a test they can do to screen and catch something early- get the dang test.