SITE UPDATE: Introducing the NEW WhatNext.com

Options
WNAdmin
WNAdmin Administrator Posts: 2
edited April 2023 in Announcements

Welcome to the new and improved WhatNext, a community where people from around the world and across all walks of life can come together to discuss their experiences with cancer and offer each other support. For years, WhatNext has been a vibrant and engaging community but sadly resulted in the old website being taken down. Upon its re-launch, we offer the following FAQ for new and returning users.

WHAT IS WHATNEXT?

WhatNext is a cancer support forum that welcomes those diagnosed with cancer, survivors, caretakers, family and friends. Many people who are diagnosed with cancer often ask themselves the same question: “Ok, I’ve got cancer. What next?” If you’re looking for support from like-minded people who know what it’s like to be in your shoes, WhatNext is the place for you. If cancer has touched your life in some way, we want to help connect you to others to help find the support you need.

WHO OWNS WHATNEXT?

The new owner of the website is My Patient Story, the owners of a rare disease-focused website called Patient Worthy. (Go here to check that out!) Some of My Patient Story's members assisted in the launch of the original WhatNext website and when the previous owner expressed an interest in transferring ownership of WhatNext, we began the process of acquiring it. Over on Patient Worthy, we help those in the rare disease community to share their stories and we want to help those in the cancer community to feel like they have the same opportunity.

WHAT DOES IT COST TO USE WHATNEXT?

WhatNext is completely free to use. Some of My Patient Story's partners sometimes come to us to get opinions, stories, and advice from patients and caregivers who feel comfortable sharing them. We may post some of these opportunities on WhatNext for users to consider being a part of.

HOW DO I BECOME A REGISTERED USER ON WHATNEXT?

Just click the “Register” button at the top of the page and complete the short registration process.

I AM A RETURNING WHATNEXT USER. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD WEBSITE?

Welcome back to WhatNext! We hope that you can re-connect with some of your old friends and find some new ones along the way. The previous version of WhatNext.com was underpinned by a very old platform that was not up to modern expectations of usability. We were not able to move everything over from the old site, but we have pulled posting data from roughly the last two years on a new, feature-rich and modern platform. Although the old website is no longer available, we hope that the relaunched WhatNext.com will serve as an exciting new home!

SO WHAT'S NEXT FOR WHATNEXT?

Right now, we are focused on re-launching and growing the community. We plan to closely monitor user feedback to understand the kind of support you need and the types of features you'd like to see. We plan on introducing articles related to the cancer community from our editorial coverage over on PatientWorthy.com for community discussion. We will soon be launching a similar forum community for Patient Worthy so that people in the rare disease community can connect as well. Most of all, we hope that people come to feel like this is a place where they can be themselves and connect with others in the cancer community in an open and respectful manner. We can't do this without you!

Comments

• legaljen1969
    legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754
    Options

I am so glad someone finally got this forum up and running again. I hope that patients, healthcare providers and other advocates will once again start directing people to this wonderful resource.

• Beaujingles
    Beaujingles Member Posts: 6
    Options

Beaujingles:

Good What Next is back on line. I have NHL stage 4 since May 2019. Other than almost dying from COVID in December 2020, today I am doing doing quite well.

• legaljen1969
    legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754
    Options

Hello Beaujingles. Glad to see someone participating- or at least someone who took a look in a couple of months ago. I will try to generate some discussion. I hope we can get this site up and running again.

• Beaujingles
    Beaujingles Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hello Legaljen1969: Haven't been a faithful follower of What Next. Will just say I am doing OK. Was diagnosed 2019 with stage 4 small cell B lymphoma. Doctor has moved appointments to every 6 months with 3 month blood draws. Taking Imbruvica, fortunately, this medication seems to keep the lymphoma under control. Will keep a better eye the website and explore the "new" WhatNext site.

• LowcountryJen1969
    LowcountryJen1969 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Beaujingles, I am the same person as Legaljen1969 but I was having a hard time getting logged back in and it made me start a new account. I am glad you survived COVID in 2020. I will have to do some research on your situation. I am trying to learn about different types of cancer so I have something more to bring to the discussion.

Glad to see someone around though.