Other Care | Waiting for tests and to see other docs

Options
henderson
henderson Member Posts: 5
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Saw a surgeon, who will head my team and get appointments with oncologist and radiation oncologist, who will then schedule tests, who will then decide my treatment who will then tell me. Seems like a long way around

Comments

• DoreenLouise
    DoreenLouise Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Most oncologist office's have a Nurse Navigator who helps with the planning of treatment for this difficult journey you are now on. Be strong, positive, eat well and let those that love you provide you with help.
  • Carool
    Carool Member Posts: 787
    Options
    The beginning after diagnosis is usually so anxiety-laden. Once your treatment plan is in place, things get less scary, at least for many of us. And things seem to move in slow-motion. We’ve all been there. Glad you found us.
  • legaljen1969
    legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754
    Options

I am trying to pick back up on some of these threads and hope that the original posters did not give up out of desperation. I hope some will return.

Henderson- are you doing okay? How has your journey progressed? I hope that once you got some answers after the original diagnosis, things started falling into place. As Carool said, once the treatment plan is in place- it usually gets less scary. I won't lie, I know some of the treatments are pretty scary in themselves- but at least we know what we are facing.

Please check back in and let us know how you are doing.