Fear CAN Be Funny

Options
legaljen1969
legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754
edited December 2022 in Breast Cancer
So, I just had the worst sinking feeling when I left work today. I went to drop the mail in our downstairs mail slot at work and suddenly discovered that Oops, my Foob is NOT THERE. So I did what anyone with a FOOB might do. I thought I was going to throw up. I thought "Where the heck could it be?" I didn't remember not putting it on today. Did I walk around ALL day lopsided and not know it? Surely not. I went back upstairs and looked all over the place. I emptied the trash cans, looked under tables and desks. Where could it be? I thought "Well maybe I did leave it home alone." I rushed home, hopeful my FOOB was on the dresser where I last saw it. Ah, sweet relief. There it was. I really thought it had escaped and was alone in the world somewhere. I cannot even imagine.
A problem only a cancer survivor could have. LOL The lighter side of survival. We all have to laugh sometimes.

Comments

• andreacha
    andreacha Member Posts: 196
    edited March 2021
    Options
    And I sure need a good laugh. That was funny!
  • Bug
    Bug Member Posts: 390
    edited March 2021
    Options
    "...was alone in the world somewhere...". You're so funny. Yes, we have to laugh or we'll cry, huh? Hugs to you, legaljen.
  • Cactus49
    Cactus49 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021
    Options
    A speaker at a conference in Seattle said she was so exhausted from chemo that when her Foob fell into her soup at a luncheon, she was so tired she decided to eat around it instead of retrieving it. The audience laughed, cried, and cheered.
  • MLT
    MLT Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Oh dear! Thanks for the laugh!!
    Never list mine, but it was often in the middle of my chest. Even with a Mx bra.
  • legaljen1969
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @MLT, mine is quite mobile too even with a Mx bra. I really thought it had just slipped out. I think I will definitely be putting it IN the pocket from now on. It is supposed to be such that you can wear it right against your skin, but I find it moves too much.

Last night on the way home I kept thinking "How is it possible that it could have come out and I didn't notice? Who DID notice? Did it really come out and maybe someone saw and just averted their eyes? " I had a thousand thoughts over and over again. I really kept thinking I was going to throw up because I was so embarrassed that someone was going to come across a random Foob. It's not like that's something that would be easy to turn in to the "lost and found" or something that someone was going to go door to door in our building asking "Did someone lose this?" Every scenario makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time.
    Thankfully, I guess my lopsidedness wasn't terribly noticeable to others.
  • MarcieB
    MarcieB Member Posts: 523
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @legaljen1969 - Okay, a foob in the "lost and found" just made me spit my coffee! (and I needed a laugh today too - thank you!!)
  • legaljen1969
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @MarcieB. I hate that you spit your coffee, but glad I made you laugh. He had clients in the office when I left. When I walked into his office and they were there, I just said "I think I misplaced something. I need to take a quick look and I will be out." When I got in this morning, my boss asked me if I ever found what I was searching for last night. I told him that I had left it home and I didn't realize until the end of the day. He said "Well, it must have been pretty important. You seemed really distressed about misplacing it. " I told him "You don't even know." He asked what it was that I had misplaced, and I just said "It's not important now. I just needed to find it so I could put it where it belongs."

I did tell my co-workers though, who are both women. It's really funny that both of them happened to mention "Lost and found" today which is what prompted my telling both of them. We all had a good laugh.

The MOST awkward "lost and found award goes to..... Jennifer and her magic Foob."
  • MarcieB
    MarcieB Member Posts: 523
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Yes! You get the award. You know, I bet the people who are in charge of Lost and Found for some of these larger places could tell us some pretty interesting stories....? And all of you living with a foob in your life could probably put together a pretty interesting book too. :)
  • mofields
    mofields Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2021
    Options
    So funny. Thank you for the laughter! I have just one Foobie too and a mind that sometimes can't remember what or how I got to work that day. Sucks all around doesn't it.
  • Ashera
    Ashera Member Posts: 94
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Legaljen - too funny, but I'm sure you had moments of panic! Though not anywhere near the same - it made me remember something from the 1970's - Remember shoulder pads? I was at a lovely multi-star restaurant on a trip to NY with my new husband. I was wearing one of those silk dresses I'd die to still have...It had rather thick built-up shoulder pads tacked in place. When we were leaving and walking out, a rather snooty, embarrassed waiter followed quickly...pinching the edge of one of my pads - unsure I'm certain what it was and said "Madam, Madam...I believe you left your.....? I grabbed it quickly and said 'shoulder pad, thank you!" He looked relieved. I'm sure he thought it was from a boob-buster bralette! I can only imagine it having been a foob! Think of it being on a china plate like a mound of some kind of pudding with all the people in the kitchen poking it in confusion....
    ....ok, my mind is traveling....
  • legaljen1969
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @Ashera, there was definitely more panic than laughter to begin. I only laughed once I got home and saw the bra and Foobie on the dresser. I really did think I was going to throw up at the thought that someone might "find" it. And I remember shoulder pads were pretty big in the 80's too. You didn't dare go out like a proper fashionista without those shoulder pads. We all looked like walking upside down triangles, or may we were really trying to be hourglass shaped. HUGE shoulders and smaller waist and then the hips. I told someone recently it was sort of like a martini glass look.

Glad I have you all to laugh with.
  • petieagnor
    petieagnor Member Posts: 110
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I don't know how to respond. For 22 months I was the Executive Housekeeper's Secretary who was in charge of the Lost & Found. Drawbridge Estates was quite large for the area. I can tell you that I never had a FOOB, but plenty of sex toys.