pet scan, slight glow

Options
thewho
thewho Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Breast Cancer in Men
i had a pet scan for a spot on my right lung, i had part of it removed 3 years ago, and 3 months ago in a ct scan showed a small spot in the suture area of my lung. I had a pet scan last week and it glowed and their was a slight glow on my right breast same side as my lung surgery. my nipple is sore and both my breast are enlarged, Since my surgery 3 years ago i have had soreness in that area. i have to have a biopsy this friday for my lung and a mama gram next week. I,M 63 AND MALE. Is it possible i have breast cancer???? Thanks.

Comments

• Kp2018
    Kp2018 Member Posts: 105
    edited January 2021
    Options
    First, I am sorry that you have to ask this question. The situation must be very concerning for you.

Yes, men can experience cancer in the breast. Here are some informational pieces that may increase your knowledge about this.

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/men/index.htm

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/male-breast-cancer/symptoms-causes/syc-20374740

I hope that your concerns are relieved by further diagnostics.
  • Bug
    Bug Member Posts: 390
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Yes, it's possible for men to get breast cancer. I'm sorry you're going through all of this. Please let us know how you're doing.
  • Carool
    Carool Member Posts: 787
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have no info to add to what Kp2018 and Bug said. I’m chiming in just to wish you good luck with your biopsy and mammogram. Yes, please let us know how you’re doing.
  • thewho
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Does anyone know anyone who has it or had it??? If so what were their syptoms???
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I’m assuming you haven’t yet been diagnosed with Paget’s Disease (the cancer that is listed on your WhatNext profile). Since it’s your nipple that’s affected, I’m attaching a link to info on Paget’s: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pagets-disease-of-the-breast/symptoms-causes/syc-20351079

This won’t answer your question re men with any form of breast cancer. As you know, breast cancers are very rare in men.
    I hope it turns out that you have NO kind of cancer.
  • Teachertina
    Teachertina Member Posts: 205
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I had lung surgery too and recently had a scan that shows a small area that is suspicious in the same lung. My oncologist said it could be a inflammatory lesion but another scan is needed in March to see what it’s doing. I hope you just have inflammation but keep on top of it just in case. I also hope you don’t have any other issues with the breast. Keep us posted. Wishing you well!
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Teachertina, I wish you everything good with your scan. Please keep us posted.
  • Teachertina
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Carpool, thanks for your well wishes! I’ll keep you posted when I get results back.
  • Teachertina
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Carool, sorry about the typo! Lol!
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Teachertina, how’d you know my nickname?!! LOL! I love “Carpool”!
  • Teachertina
    edited February 2021
    Options
    That’s too funny! Carpool!
  • andreacha
    andreacha Member Posts: 196
    edited February 2021
    Options
    thewho - Please be sure to keep us updated on your condition. If yours is breast cancer, as the others have said, it's not an isolated case. And if it's in the back of your mind ---- there's no shame in it. You just do whatever it will take to make you well again. We are all here for you.
  • thewho
    edited February 2021
    Options
    thanks so much, tomorrow is my lung biopsy and monday is my mammogram. I was cancer free for almost 3 years. The fear never goes away. I have had probably 20 CT scans in 3 years. The last one showed a spot right where part of my lung was removed, that was Oct 30th and then i had a P.E.T scan 10 days ago and my lung glowed and my breast. Sucks!!!!
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow and Monday. Yes, the fear never goes away completely. Please keep us posted.
  • Kp2018
    edited February 2021
    Options
    thewho, you won't get anyone here to disagree with you that cancer sucks!!!

I join Carool in wishing you the best for today and Monday.
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @thewho - How’re you doing?
  • thewho
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi all, thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I got my results today my mammogram was benign, i have something called gynecomastia plus they told 2 of my medications are the reason my breast are enlarged. What a relief. Then my oncologist called me this morning and told me the spot on my lung is something called a Purulent infection and is not cancer. He is putting me on a 2 week strong antibiotic and then another CT Scan in 2 months. Again thanks to all of you, your so kind. I was expecting the worst, since i have had cancer twice. Lets stay in touch please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The Who
  • Carool
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @thewho, that’s great news! What a relief for you, and us. You must be on that cloud number 9. Yes, let’s all stay in touch.
  • Bug
    Bug Member Posts: 390
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Oh, my gosh, this is wonderful news! Yeah! So happy to hear this. You must be so relieved. I hope you have a little celebration tonight.
  • thewho
    edited February 2021
    Options
    already started Bug!!!! Thanks
  • Teachertina
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I just love good news like this! So happy for you! Celebrating with you! Yes, do stay in touch!
  • andreacha
    andreacha Member Posts: 196
    edited February 2021
    Options
    thewho - Such wonderful news. I can only imagine the relief you feel. Just because you are going to be fine doesn't let you off the hook with us here. Do keep in touch from time to time and may all your future results be good.
  • Kp2018
    edited February 2021
    Options
    How sweet it is! Is there anything sweeter than such good news for someone who inhabits the cancer community? I am so glad for you.

I hope you enjoyed your celebration, like the others, hope you'll stay in touch.
  • thewho
    edited February 2021
    Options
    i will antibiotics for now then CT scan in 3 months. Thanks!!!!!!!