Have you ever been told that acid reflux medicines might be causing some of what we call "chemobrain

Options
GregP_WN
GregP_WN Member Posts: 742
edited December 2022 in Esophageal Cancer
There is an article in Cure Today that says research shows that it is likely. Here is the article>> https://www.curetoday.com/publications/heal/2020/spring-2020/memory-issues-acid-reflux-drugs-could-be-to-blame

Comments

• beachbum5817
    beachbum5817 Member Posts: 235
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No, I have never been told this. It may explain a lot where I am concerned. When I am finally able to get an appointment with my doctor, I will have to ask about it. Thanks for the information, Greg.
  • legaljen1969
    legaljen1969 Member Posts: 754
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Pretty crazy that Zantac has been removed from the market due to carcinogenic effects. Now other reflux medications are causing memory issues. I know lots of people have advised I stay away from caffeine due to hot flashes. Caffeine and carbonated beverages were some of the first things I was told to cut when starting reflux meds.
  • LiveWithCancer
    LiveWithCancer Member Posts: 470
    edited June 2020
    Options
    This is certainly interesting. I am treated for acid reflux but never heard that it could be related to chemobrain. I'll try to remember to ask my oncologist on Monday when I have my video conference with him.
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 329
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Well, "might be" is the huge qualifier. As I see it, receiving some cognitive dysfunction so as to avoid Barrett's Esophagus > Esophageal cancer is still a fairly good deal.