I’m here to celebrate 10 years of survival wi...

Options
Viking
Viking Member Posts: 1
edited December 2022 in Breast Cancer
I’m here to celebrate 10 years of survival with Inflammatory Breast Cancer! My journey has been amazing. I have never felt this good and did not expect to be retired and living in my cabin on a lake in northern Wisconsin enjoying every single day as a gift from God. I am 65 years old and loving my life.

I had to endure the death of my 26 year old daughter, who was my only child, my husband passed from cancer 2 years ago a a 5 month battle from hell, and then my 90 year old mother passed from her 6th bout of cancer over a 37 year period of time, and my stepson passed from colon cancer at age 49, and 2 sisters in law passed, although it wasn’t cancer they were far too young.

I have my granddaughter and 2 grandchildren from my husband, along with his son and daughter so I am blessed with who remains. I grateful for everyone in my life. My new great granddaughter will be 2 in June!

I’m blessed to have a man in my life who loves me and we were friends for many, many years before we bonded over the loss of family members and decided that being lonely wasn’t fun. We live 4 hours apart and talk every day and go on dates when we visit each other’s towns. Life is good!

In June I get to stop taking Anastrozole after 10 years of it. I’m looking forward to see if my stiffness goes away, but at my age who cares?

I just wanted to share an update and remember God has plans for you that you don’t know about yet!

Comments