Two years out from initial diagnosis. Almost ...

Options
ImWorthIt
ImWorthIt Member Posts: 65
edited December 2022 in Breast Cancer
Two years out from initial diagnosis. Almost 2 years out from single mastectomy. Tired of my prosthesis and having to wear such covering clothes for fear of it either sliding around or because my bra with insert always seems to show if I have a v-neck shirt. I just want to feel more "normal" and any time I talk to people about it they are like "Hey, use this opportunity to get a boob job. Make them really nice and round. Get you some stripper boobs." I know they are trying to be funny and make me laugh, but it's a serious decision for me. It's not like big breasts would make me feel comfortable or confident.
I just want to be able to not have to feel either lopsided or like my foob is going to wander away to parts unknown.
Tried talking to my mother and her only answer was " Well if you got all that fat sucked out of your stomach and rear and put it in your chest, you would have enormous ones."
I don't want "ho bag tatas." I just want one normal average looking one.
Am I an idiot for feeling so emotional about this? Is it normal to feel emotional about this?
I know I was very fortunate to have early detection, just a mastectomy of one breast and all I have to do is take anastrazole. No chemo. No radiation. I know I got off easy. I am tired of being called a fake and a phony because I didn't lose my hair from chemo and I didn't have to go through the hell that many people go through. I look at my body all the time, and though I see a survivor's battle scar- I see proof that I had to survive something. No I didn't have to fight a war, but the battle was enough.
This chick needs some sleep. Way too much emotion but I want my body back.

Comments

• Bug
    Bug Member Posts: 390
    Options
    I'm sorry for the insensitive things that people have said to you. Yes, I suppose they're trying to be funny. Personally I don't find those things funny. And I'm very sorry for the things your mother says to you. How very hurtful. We're glad you're here and we care about you.
  • hippgolovchen
    hippgolovchen Member Posts: 2
    Options
    My breast cancer experience has been different, but it sounds like my grandmother’s experience. The complete loss of one breast was very difficult. Painful, scarring.