Looking for information on your experience with Doxil and side effects

Options
ezmonday
ezmonday Member Posts: 5
Hi i’ve just been diagnosed with recurrence of stage 4b ovarian cancer. Have been in remission a year and now have a recurrence the previous chemo I was on consisted of carboplatinum and Taxol. My doctor is now switching me to carboplatinum and Doxil. I would appreciate anyone who has had this to give me an idea what kind of side effects you experienced so I know what to be prepared for thanks so much and advance.

Comments

• Lynne-I-Am
    Lynne-I-Am Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi there ezmonday. Sorry to learn of your recurrence. I suggest you look up and join The Susterhood of Ovarian Cancer Survivors on Facebook. This group has hundreds of members all survivors of ovarian cancer or female family members of ovarian cancer survivors. No men allowed into this group. You will have many responses to your question since Doxil is commonly used to treat recurrences. I wish you better days ahead.
  • Sasukesuma
    Sasukesuma Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I was given Doxil and Carboplatin for my last recurrence. I got quite a few side effects from the Doxil; nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea and constipation, sinus headaches, causing toothaches and earaches. My skin is dry, and red. Mouth sores and hand and foot syndrome causing blisters on the hands and feet. The worst is the shortness of breath with any kind of exertion, shakiness and of course fatigue. Hair loss, but not all of it, just thinning and bald spots. When I went in for my third infusion my oncologist decided she had to just take me off chemo. Of course everyone reacts differently to drugs, so chances are you will not get all of these. I’m am now waiting for the Doxil to get out of my system. It has been six weeks since my last dose. The headaches are improving and the mouth and hand sores are gone. I guess the rest is going to take some time. Now I’m waiting for approval for financial assistance for Rubraca, a PARP inhibitor. Best of luck to you.