I have Stage IV small cell lung cancer with EGFR and Exon 20 mutations. Does anyone on this site ha

Options
RhondaM
RhondaM Member Posts: 7
edited December 2022 in Lung Cancer
I have Stage IV small cell lung cancer with EGFR and Exon 20 mutations. Does anyone on this site ha

Comments

• JaneA
    JaneA Member Posts: 335
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Being EGFR-positive means that there are targeted therapies specific for the EGFR mutation. We see EGFR-positive in colorectal cancer too and some other cancers. I'm not sure about Exon 20 mutation. Best wishes as you learn more about your treatment options.
  • LiveWithCancer
    LiveWithCancer Member Posts: 470
    edited December 2020
    Options
    You're cancer is small cell lung cancer or non-small cell? I thought EGFR was a non-small cell mutation, but maybe it is both. Jane is correct that there are special therapies available for EGFR (with non-small cell lung cancer - I'm not sure about for small cell ...) I have heard of the Exon 20 mutation but must admit I have forgotten what I knew about it...

My lung cancer is stage IV, but is non-small cell and I had no mutations (though did have high PDL-1).

Best of luck!
  • Paperpusher
    Paperpusher Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My husband has small cell lung cancer but small cell is staged by limited, which his is, or extensive. Could you perhaps have non-small cell. That would explain the staging and the EFGR mutation positive notation. There are so many more treatments for non-small cell and as the others have mentioned some are targeted. I've never heard of the Exon 20 mutation.
  • PRINCE
    PRINCE Member Posts: 1
    Options
    caregiver for NSCL lung cancer stage III - radiation and chemotherapy completed. aftereffects include neuropathy and pleural effusion.