Second reoccurance

Options
Doinggood
Doinggood Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Prostate Cancer
My PSA is .7 today have had procectomy 3 years radiation 2 years ago. Gleason score 9I am so scared. I feel great . Has anyone experienced this.? What will my options be

Comments

• GregP_WN
    GregP_WN Member Posts: 742
    Options
    Sorry for your recurrence, I don't have experience with prostate cancer myself, but my dad had it. We have a few here that will have some good information for you.
  • Kenster
    Kenster Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Doinggood,
    I was diagnosed in 2011 with stage 4 prostate cancer, Gleason 9. I had a prostectomy, 39 radiation treatments and 6 months of hormone therapy. Had a recurrence in Aug-2017. Then a second recurrence around May-2018 and soon had numerous tumors in my pelvic region.. Then went thru several other treatments that didn't help much. In Aug-2019 a biopsy of my largest tumor showed that I was a match for the Keytruda treatment. I'm current still on that treatment. If you have not yet had hormone therapy, then I would think that would be your next option. That should put that gleason 9 to sleep for a number of years. Get a good doctor & hospital that you trust and let them do the worrying, while you enjoy each day of your life to its fullest. God Bless You.
  • rlfuller7
    rlfuller7 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Greetings Doingood,
    Today, I am 71 years old. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Prostate cancer in 2012, Gleason 9. Following Prostatectomy A period of waiting ensued, so no radiation treatment at that time. 5 years later my PSA began rising. At .7 I had PMSA scans done at UCSF and two new lesions we found (stage 4 now). One in spine and one on hip bone. I had SBRT radiation performed, which is highly focused and targeted to the exact site of the lesion. 5 treatments on one 4 on the other. No pain or other after effects from radiation which is normal for this type procedure. Both lesions were destroyed. PSA went to .1. No hormone treatment yet. Now, 2 years later, PSA is .6, which means there is cancer growth somewhere. I have PMSA scans scheduled next week. I am hopeful another SBRT radiation treatment can again destroy the cancer. I am anticipating that following this treatment I will finally begin hormone treatment. I encourage you to try to stave off hormone treatment as long as you can. I don’t discourage hormone treatment, I just know that the longer you can responsibly hold off starting the better. Find a top cancer facility, preferably a teaching hospital like UCSF to be in charge of your cancer. I have found they live on the leading edge of knowledge and treatment, far above what a local doctor can provide. I have had advanced prostate cancer now for 8 years and I feel terrific. I know God has watched over me during this journey. God bless you on your journey.