Why am I losing lots of weight and having trouble eating?

Options
riverratttt47w
riverratttt47w Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Stomach Cancer
Was diagnosed with intestinal cancer back in 2012, had surgery to remove tumors and radiation treatments and chemo. After I was told by 3 docs I didn't have cancer but they were way off. I fired those docs and got all new as they just kept telling me I'm fine and pushed meds on me that didn't help. Got help from new docs and find out I have half dead pancreas now and issues and had abnormal CT scan for first time and told cancer was back but after PET scan and upper and lower scope I'm told not but also told I'm fine, again...yet I've gone from 210lbs down to 175lbs in last 3 months and can't eat much cause belly is a mess and I get nausea on and ofc all day with sweats and chills...anyone have any idea what could be going on as I'm at a loss and feel I'm fading out slowly.
Feel as I've went in a circle back to I'm fine when clearly I'm not, one can't make this stuff up if they wanted to...smh

Comments

• JaneA
    JaneA Member Posts: 335
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure how you found out about your pancreas being half-dead, but that sounds like pancreatitis or inflammation of your pancreas and it could lead to serious medical issues.

I'd suggest a second opinion from a gastroenterologist or endocrinologist who specialize in diseases of the pancreas. Do you have access to a teaching hospital like Mayo or Johns Hopkins? Best wishes for finding an answer.
  • riverratttt47w
    riverratttt47w Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I already been told a year ago I had chronic pancreatitis but was doing good with rice and veggies and pasta with ensure but now even that kills my insides. Ensure even rips me up and have to take 2 Creon pills just to drink it but doesn't help. Doc says some reason not getting the nutrition outta what I do put in either yet have abnormal CT scan which I never had before outta couple dozen of them. Was told was further down than first time and not accessible. Doc done upper and lower scope but says saw nothing, I don't think he can reach as I was told so how can one say that if you can't reach it...smh
    Having issues I've never had like the neusea so bad and even when try to eat it gets so bad I stop. My head and neck down to my lower groin are just hell...dont make since I was doing well on what I was doing the past couple of years but did have some problems but not as this...gotten hard to eat anything but I try.
  • Lynne-I-Am
    Lynne-I-Am Member Posts: 89
    edited January 2020
    Options
    When I was diagnosed I looked up the best cancer treatment centers in my state and did choose a teaching hospital with a good cancer clinic. Teaching hospitals keep up on the newest and most advanced types of cancer treatments. The discomfort you are experiencing may or may not be serious but you need to be more proactive and research a good treatment center in the Cincinnati area . Get referred by your present doctor or phone the clinic yourself. With your past history you should be able to get an appointment. Wishing you better days ahead.