Decision Point | decision to go with the neurology group that my oncologist referred me to.

ArizonaCarolyn
ArizonaCarolyn Member Posts: 8
edited December 2022 in Endometrial Cancer
Thank you for sharing your experiences. It always helps me think things through especially when I am not sure what I should do. I want to work with my oncologist because this is more cancer related and I am worried about a possible cancer connection although the back is a problem as well. About 2 months after my surgery for uterine cancer I noticed that I seemed to be unable to stand up straight. My neighbor noticed, my oncologist did but not as soon as my neighbor. It was in July 2018 when my surgery was done. It has been very gradually getting worse..I had a number of falls and a recent one caused the fracture I am having such pain with now. I am embarrassed sometimes because I am really noticeably bent over. I have to get out once a day. I usually go to my favorite thrift stores. The medication I take to help with back pain doesn't help very much at all. I only take it once a day - worried about becoming dependent on it. Ideally, I would like a procedure done to help me and not have to take any pain pills. I made an appt. today with the neurology group that my oncologist referred me to. Thank you all for your wisdom and taking the time to respond. Arizona Carolyn

Comments

• SandiD
    SandiD Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020
    I hope you are better now! I just had a radical hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, high grade. This is my 3rd cancer after colon & breast cancer. I’m only 10 days out from surgery so I still need my post op visit & genomic testing for possible Lynch Syndrome. One day at a time. I just read your experience & am sure wishing you well.