Why did my Dr. stopped treatment

Options
tamy2litle
tamy2litle Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors
I was asked if I wanted to try an every 6 week double treatment instead of the 3 week single treatment. The double I felt was killing me. She sternly said let’s just stop treatment all together. I don’t understand why she just didn’t allow me the every 3 week treatment as it had shrunk my lung tumor and shrunk the two remaining tumors in my brain. I’m very scared with no treatment at all

Comments

2943 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Ask your doc. If it was successful, you want to continue at a slower pace. What med was it?
  • Shoeless
    Shoeless Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Are you receiving treatment from a large teaching hospital associated with a major university? If not then you need to get yourself to one immediately. That is where you will find the best team of highly trained, most competent doctors who see more cases like yours in a year than most doctors will ever see in a lifetime. Your doctor should never do anything without your fully informed consent. If they aren't explaining everything to you in terms you can easily understand and offering you options, then you have the wrong doctor. If your doctor is doing something you disagree with, then you have the wrong doctor.
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Shoeless, so correct. I went to that large teaching complex for a second opinion and never left. My Keytruda was in a clinical trial as not yet approved for stage 3. It is now. I wanted to know ALL my options and why
  • Shoeless
    Shoeless Member Posts: 18
    Options
    2943 yeah my family GP told me to "get out of Dodge" as soon as he got my diagnosis back from the lab. IUPUI was a 3 hr. drive for me each way but it was worth it.
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Mine was UCSF. Should be an hour but was 2 even 4 hours one way. Covid traffic now different.
    My team ( and I am captain) have saved my life. I was afraid of lack of personalized care, etc but received the opposite. I invested the time and energy to receive top treatments and care. I had 3 different primary cancers and now dealing with mega back issues. I know I am in good hands.
    Tamy2little needs to find out why and get this going again! Cheering for her from Hawaii right now
  • EileenS
    EileenS Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You definitely need a second opinion from a reputable oncologist. No physician should ever stop treatment without a complete explanation and a suitable substitute treatment plan. You are the team captain and have hired this physician as an advisor. Don't settle for less. You are worth the very best team members you can find. Check with National Cancer Institute and American Cancer Society for other oncologists close to you, or your state Medical Society. Maybe you do need to travel a little distance for another opinion but you are worth it. Hang in there. Praying for you.
  • tamy2litle
    tamy2litle Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I did make an appointment with a very respected Ocologist that I was going to for about a year and a half. He’s with the American cancer association. But he’s 4 hours away. But my daughter will come and get me.
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You go, Girl!
    Let us know ❤️❤️❤️