Melanoma - metastasied to Lung

Options
Rmcp
Rmcp Member Posts: 1
edited December 2022 in Skin Cancer - Melanoma
Any information on experiences treated with immunotherapy, Keytruda?

Comments

• Molly72
    Molly72 Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2021
    Options
    My melanoma was treated by extensive surgery, immunotherapy did not exist way back then.
    I lived!
  • alivenwell
    alivenwell Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Everybody is different. I know one person who had cancer at various places and immunotherapy was too much. Yet I hear of incredible successes.
  • alivenwell
    Options
    I presume you're referring to the moh method where they find cancer marks and cut them out.
  • Molly72
    Molly72 Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2021
    Options
    No, it was not Mohs surgery. It was much, much more extensive than that.
    I was in the hospital for many days with removal of many lymph glands and two sites for skin graphs beside the site of the cancer. Then I had a cast on my arm to insure the graft was immobile.
    I still have the severe scars from those operations 50 years later.
    More recently, I have had four Moh's surgeries for Basal Cell cancers. Those were done in the dr's. office under local anesthesia.
  • alivenwell
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I had 3rd-degree burns on my leg and also need skin grafting. Cannot do any scratching at all.
    I did wheelchair races before that. Artwork was done on the cast to occupy my boredom.
    I had two cancerous lymph nodes removed from my abdominal wall. The area had cut clean edges. Sounds like you need a set of markers. Art has always been therapeutic for me. I had skin grafts, too. They now have far better methods of healing skin. I know somebody in her 80s on had moh surgery on a perfectly wrinkle-free forehead.

• Terri
    Terri Member Posts: 36
    Options
    I have Stage IV that did well with TIL and Yervoy. It is not gone but I am still here!!!!
  • Terri
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Check out AIM for melanoma site it has great information
  • Terri
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I had mets to the lung too. They took out my middle lobe right lung. That is one way to handle it. I know people on Keydruda that have had great results. I believe you need to be BRAF positive.
  • alivenwell
    Options
    I often wonder if our lung issues are from our vehicles, smoking, asbestos, unhealthy lifestyle, or some other cause.