Who has had their thyroid taken out?

Options
NeckCancer
NeckCancer Member Posts: 20
edited December 2022 in Thyroid Cancer
I've been on thyroid meds since i had radiation. Now a biopsy shows that I have thyroid cancer too and it will come out. What meds do you take now without a thyroid?

Comments

• GregP_WN
    GregP_WN Member Posts: 742
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mine was just taken out, it was the 28th of January. My thyroid meds got increased to 150.
  • Dawsonsmom
    Dawsonsmom Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2020
    Options
    A friend had thyroid cancer 3 yrs ago and was treated with thyroidectomy, radioactive iodine and finally 100mcg of Synthroid daily.
  • Molly72
    Molly72 Member Posts: 227
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I had mine dissolved by a radioactive capsule several years ago. Am on Synthroid, no problems except I am cold all the time except in hot days of summer.
  • GregP_WN
    GregP_WN Member Posts: 742
    Options
    Molly, I am cold all the time too, is that a symptom of thyroid not working or being gone?
  • Dawsonsmom
    Dawsonsmom Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Being cold can indicate you still are hypothyroid. You can have “normal” thyroid panel and still be symptomatic. My doc treats me by both panel and sx.
  • Molly72
    Molly72 Member Posts: 227
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I've had several blood tests for thyroid function & every thing appears normal.
    What I need (Greg too), is a vacation to a nice warm beach in the tropics!
  • Richardc
    Richardc Member Posts: 10
    Options
    My thyroid hasn’t been removed yet. Pretty well destroyed by cardiac medicine. I’m taking synthroid with no problems. Only thing is I have to take at same time each day 1 hour before anything else. Usually just get up 1 hour early and go back to sleep.