pain 8 years later

Options
RonLinda
RonLinda Member Posts: 1
edited December 2022 in Colorectal Cancer
Still having rectal pain 8 years after to the point that it is very painfull to have a BM & uncomfortable to sitt and no one seems to have any answers to why

Comments

• alivenwell
    alivenwell Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Could it be hemorrhoids? Try getting more hydrated with water and lay off caffeinated beverages. Stay away from gluten, too. Just a suggestion.
  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 329
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If it is not related to hemorrhoids, there is a procedure called a nerve block which might help. Please ask doctor about that, or any other potential relief.
  • JaneA
    JaneA Member Posts: 335
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Have they done a physical exam and looked? Even though my husband didn't have cancer, he had an area of dysplasia removed, and he developed a fissure. It was the most painful thing that he has ever experienced.

I would suggest going to a board-certified colorectal surgeon who has lots of real life experience with rectal cancer patients.

I had APR surgery for my rectal cancer, and I have a one small "tender" spot that has never gone away even 4 1/2 years after the surgery. Did you have radiation? That pain could be scar tissue from the radiation. Best wishes to find the answer.
  • WNMyeloma
    WNMyeloma Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Sometimes scar tissue and other side effects can cause issues like this.
  • Teelee3
    Teelee3 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I don’t know which surgery you had, but I had APR surgery almost 5 years ago and still have pain when I sit for too long. My surgeon says it’s from scar tissue.
  • alivenwell
    alivenwell Member Posts: 84
    Options
    My doctor told me that if there is bleeding, there could be cancer, so I would definitely have it checked out. I made the mistake in the past to skip that checkup which caused me to have no symptoms, but a dx of colon cancer.